Sunday, May 6, 2012

Election Weekend


Saturday good ole Darren turned up to sort out the soil pipes. I now have a working loo!!!!  This means that I can take the antkiller packets off the floor as I had left them there to remind me not to flush the loo.

I saw a notice for the circus, it's just Saturday, for one night only, that's not too bad.  It appears to be all horses, which explains the lack of tigers.  I had visions of having to defend myself against an enraged wild animal with just a pair of secateurs or similar.

Anyway, I went to the market, had a coffee, did some shopping then went out for lunch. More bonfire time in the afternoon. Got told off by the neighbour [not Mme B, the other one, Didier] because the JCB driver had churned up the grass at the side of the road and now Didier can't mow it. He's a bit anal but I pulled all the appropriate faces and shrugged a lot.

The circus boomed across the fields so I just sampled a local wine and tried to ignore it.  The noise went on til around 11.30 - not too bad.  The advertisements which had been put up had been more or less destroyed by the rain and there didn't seem to be many people there, which made me happy because that will mean they won't do it again.

Sunday was colder and raining on and off again.  Listened to the news on the radio.  Some pundits are saying Boris Johnson is the answer for the Conservatives - if that's the case, I'd just like to know what the question is!

As it was too miserable to do anything in the garden I took myself off to do some washing but couldn't get a parking space as the boulangerie next door was madly busy.  So I went for a coffee to mix with all the voters exiting the poll stations, it was quite a sociable occasion.  I was served a really overpriced, overstrong coffee at Le Globetrotter [that has to be said with a French accent by the way] which ensured that I wouldn't sleep for at least 24 hours.

After coffee, a return trip to the laundrette, which somehow managed to embed stains into the fabrics instead of removing them, and then home.   My relief at the relatively unobtrusive circus performance last night was completely dissipated by the noise coming from the tent all day.  Techno music until mid afternoon when, suddenly, it changed to Bob Marley which was a definite improvement.

The weather had improved somewhat so five hours of tidying up the garden followed by dinner, marred only by the discovery that one of the caravan cupboards is very damp.  I thought it was due to the slightly wet weather we've had but it could equally be due to a leaky shower.

And I've discovered a great lump of plastic is falling off the underneath of my car.  The garage tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment