Monday, April 30, 2012

April showers, my a**e

Guess what?  Weather cold and very wet.  I find myself talking to the birds.  I've decided this can't go on.  I need to do something energetic so I launch myself into spring cleaning, then had a brainwave.  I wait til the rain eases off a bit then clean the windows and caravan outside.  All covered in mould - hardly surprising.  I only wash and don't rinse and I will let the rain rinse everything off.  I KNOW that there will be no more rain!!   Ha!  Fooled you, weather Gods.  Bastard weather Gods get their own back by recommencing the relentless downpour.  Still, at least the windows are clean.  I then clean all the venetian blinds, each little slat at a time.  Then clean anything else that doesn't move. 

The fridge appears to be on the blink.  Or perhaps it just thinks it's so cold that it doesn't need to bother. Not sure.  I brave the rain to go to the shops for cleaning stuff [twice as I forgot to get teatowels the first time and ours are all manky as hell!!].  I seem to drive sideways out of the garden but at least we get out both times.  I promise the car I will give it a much needed clean if it doesn't rain tomorrow.  I snort in derision at the thought of a sunny day and I imagine the car does too.  See, I'm even talking to the car now. 

Tomorrow is a public holiday so the shop was heaving but I got to have a bit of human contact with a man who wanted me to give blood and then turned me down flat once I told him I'd had malaria in the past.  But I did get a result, mini doughnuts pack of 8 with 50% extra free.  Twelve doughnuts to nibble while I sit in the caravan this evening.  Unfortunately they are filled with some sort of artificial gel which manages to curl my toes before it's even got to my oesophegus, so I'll have to cut that out before I eat them.

After 5 [doughnuts, that is, not the time of day] I gave up and decided to go for empty calories in the form of alcohol.  There was an hour when the rain stopped in the evening. I cleaned the car windows because I'd sort of promised and because I can hardly seen through them.  God, these caravan windows are clean!

By 10pm it hasn't rained for four hours, the silence in the caravan is eerie.  I've lost all sense of perspective of a world that isn't semi-submerged.  I am very happy that Kate spent the weekend in 30C in Cannes, but I wish she hadn't told me!

If it's raining tomorrow, I don't think I'll be able to stand it.

ps  Darren still hasn't built an Ark.  Very remiss of him, he could have made a lot of money this week.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Annie, It is May now so hopefully Spring will sprung again. All the damp weather must be good for hydrating the skin. Every cloud (even black ones) has a silver lining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I can take all this relentless optimism!! xx

      Delete